Escape From Your Bedroom
- Keep bedroom doors closed.
- If youíre awakened by the smoke alarm, roll out of bed and crawl to the door. Smoke may already be in your room, and you should stay low.
- Feel the door with the BACK of your hand.
- If itís hot, donít open it. If possible place a towel under the door to block smoke, and go to the window.
- If itís not hot, carefully open it. If thereís smoke outside, donít try to go through it. Smoke can overwhelm you before you get outside. Close the door and go to the window.
Practice! Getting out of your bedroom when itís dark can be very different than in the daytime. Keep your pathways clear.