Get Out and Stay Out
Donít go back inside for anything.
Why not? If you open a door or window to go back inside, you let in oxygen. Thatís all the fire needs to engulf a room. It could:
- kill the person you tried to rescue.
- force the fire into the one open spaceóthe door or window you just opened, killing you.
Stay outside at your meeting place, where you can do the most good by communicating with firefighters. It takes just a few seconds to tell them:
- If everyone is outside and at your meeting place.
- Anything you know about how the fire started and its location.
- About any pets that may still be inside.